Friday 25 May 2018

Three Legged Warrior


This is Blacky our 3 legged warrior before he met with an accident. The accident happened on the road outside our apartment building. I didn't see the actual accident but heard the details from the eyewitness. It seems that Blacky was sleeping a little bit away from the road on the footpath when a taxi veered away from the road and onto the footpath and hit Blacky. The reason for the Taxi going off the road and onto the footpath is still not clear, some people say it was done for fun !!!

Blacky was injured badly and went and hid in the tea stall nearby. I got to know about the accident when i went out on my regular feeding round at night. With the help of the watchman, I took Blacky inside my house and kept him there till the Vet came. The treatment went on for quite a while and Blacky recovered from the trauma but his right front leg didn't heal. 

When after trying everything his leg didn't show any signs of healing I had to take him to Animal Aid Hospital. I didn't take him earlier since this hospital is almost 150 km from my home and I make this effort only if all local treatment fail. In the hospital, the doctors decided to amputate his leg since it was in a very bad condition. 




Blacky was with Animal Aid for 3 weeks till he fully recovered from the operation. They did the operation for free and the only expense I had to bear was for petrol (taking Blacky to Animal Aid and bringing him back). 




This is Blacky today sitting with my Pet in our garden. Our 3 Legged warrior has finally won the battle against his injuries and hopefully, this was the last of his battles.



I would like to thank Animal Aid for treating Blacky and looking after him for 3 weeks without any charge. They are doing a very good job now and with our support, they can do an even better job. 

Watch Animal Aid videos from the below mentioned link :





No comments:

Post a Comment